Quote of the Week

"Life is meaningless because it is up to us to assign it meaning."
-

Monday, November 26, 2012

1 Five Fat Turkeys Are We...

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."
- Woody Allen
Every year in September, I'm faced with the terrible task of figuring out how am I going to survive classes when I don't know the people in there. And this year, in philosophy, that was kind of a no brainer. Somehow, I fell into this group of people who are funny and smart and only sometimes unstable and it's a great change from me being alone in the corner like in the past.

The point of this week’s assignment is to be grateful for a classmate but I have no idea how I'm supposed to choose just one. There's Katherine, who keeps me wonderfully unhinged at times, and Chris, who is my constant reminder of life outside of class and of class in outside life. There's Jack who never has a freaking pen, even when he has one, and is part of my island when we’re somehow seperated from the rest of our continent, and there's Dan who actually wants to focus on the task, that is, until he realizes that Chris’s water-bottle is really fun to hit.

But if I have to choose, if I have to pick just one, there's Sonia, dear Sonia, who plays count the black people when it comes to theater, who actually is paying attention to the assignment, who moves us forward and is willing to go back when we get ourselves lost anyway. Sonia, who makes the weirdest noises most randomly and is the one out of us six who participates the most. She offers interesting perspectives into assignments and puts the most effort into them. She’s the navigation on our miserable little ship, and without her we would have been lost all the way back in Candide.

1 comments:

  1. It is a productive party of five. I enjoy listening to your discussions, debates, and mispronunciations. Thankful for you all.

    ReplyDelete

 

GillyLit: The Sequel Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates